New Achievements
i am pleased to report two new achievements for this week.. lachlan can now stand totally unsupported for a few seconds at a time, and he can pull himself from sitting to standing. all this from a child who has still not managed to roll from his back to his tummy!!!
his first achievement happened while he was standing up holding onto his incrediblock - he let go of the block to wave his arms in the air and then put them back down on the block. he has been getting better at it and can now balance for about 5 secs while not holding onto anything. he hasn't worked out how to correct himself when he starts over-balancing but i'm sure that won't be too far off..
the second one happened this afternoon.. he was sitting on my lap as i sat cross-legged on the floor and he reached out and pulled himself up to standing using the incrediblock. it took 3 attempts before he managed to do it without sliding to one side, but he got there in the end.
i just hope these new milestones don't mean that he is going to give up on crawling all together and just start walking..
his first achievement happened while he was standing up holding onto his incrediblock - he let go of the block to wave his arms in the air and then put them back down on the block. he has been getting better at it and can now balance for about 5 secs while not holding onto anything. he hasn't worked out how to correct himself when he starts over-balancing but i'm sure that won't be too far off..
the second one happened this afternoon.. he was sitting on my lap as i sat cross-legged on the floor and he reached out and pulled himself up to standing using the incrediblock. it took 3 attempts before he managed to do it without sliding to one side, but he got there in the end.
i just hope these new milestones don't mean that he is going to give up on crawling all together and just start walking..
2 comments:
What does an incrediblock look like? I am sure it is just a big plastic cube, but how big?
I am supposing it is a soft type one too. For some reason, all I can think about is lego.
Fai
Scrap that.. Since I only seldom come online the site, I just saw some piccies of the block in a different post.
I didn't have those when I was a kid. Lucky boy..
Fai
Post a Comment